ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a special role that
emphasises on ensuring our residents and their families are supported and
engaged in life within the home. Through
spending quality time with the residents and their families, you will create a
rich and varied activities programme for all to enjoy. The emphasis is on
empowering each resident individually, assisting them with their ability to
participate and enabling them to achieve their goals.
- Ensure residents have the opportunity to participate in activities within the home as well as assist in the care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the care home.
- Compile social care plans for residents (understanding of their interests and aspirations).
- Improve the wellbeing and overall health of the people living in the home and ensure that services are consistently provided to a high-quality standard.
- Build up and maintain links and relationships with the local community including local schools, charities and organisations.
- Liaise with the marketing team to organise and promote events relevant to the residents, the home and the company.
- Build relationships with residents, their friends and family members tailoring individual lifestyles.
- Be responsible for organising a meaningful activity programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Be responsible for purchasing any items required for the activities programme and will document all activities which take place in the resident’s personal files.
- As well as organising outings, you will also organise any day of celebration and keep records of resident’s birthdays.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Understanding of the different types of activities elderly residents will enjoy.
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service