ABOUT THE ROLE
To provide a speech and language therapy service to Adults with Learning disabilities who have a range of Communication Disorders; assessing, prioritising, treating and supporting people across all of our specialist services, located in the East of England.
- To work as a member of the Kingsley Specialist Services MDT team, contributing to multi-disciplinary working as necessary, to address the needs of the people we support across all of our specialist services to achieve effective outcomes.
- To work collaboratively with both internal and external specialist services within Learning Disabilities to meet the communication needs of the people we support.
- To actively participate in a programme of supervision, competency development and CPD activities under the guidance of a supervising clinician.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a range of training packages for support and Nursing staff.
We passionately believe that all of the people we support, no matter how complex their needs, should not miss out on any opportunities in life, and as such your role will be to work, as part of a team to help people to achieve their goals and dreams.
This position will initially be part time with a potential of becoming full time as the Kingsley Specialist Services grows.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Kingsley Specialist Services is part of the Kingsley Healthcare Group and are leading providers of specialist services for adults with learning disabilities, particularly those who may have complex needs or dual diagnoses.
To ensure that the people who live with us receive the best support and opportunities to progress we are setting up our in-house Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
Criteria / Person Specification
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Speech and Language Therapy.
- Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) when dealing with daily and on-going situations when there is complex information involved and barriers to understanding.
- Experience of Adults with Learning Disabilities and an understanding of the Communication Disorders associated with Learning Disabilities.
- Basic skills in administering and interpreting a range of clinical assessments, procedures and practices, including some experience of working with Alternative and Augmentative Communication.
- IT skills such as use of email, the Internet, word processing and databases.
- Competent report writing skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of local/national policies and practices relating to Speech and Language therapy services, and to Adults with Learning Disabilities.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (Essential)
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Competitive salary
- Industry leading learning disabilities care training
- Cost of DBS covered by Kingsley Specialist Services