Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Full Time - Sous Chef
Pay Rate: £12.00 per hour (subject to experience)
The Sous Chef will be experienced with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Standard regulations. Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required.
You will under direction of the Head Chef:
- Assist in kitchen duties connected with the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals and beverages whilst ensuring the highest quality.
- Carry out general kitchen and dining room duties, such as setting up, cleaning tables, washing up, serving meals etc.
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen and dining room.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Previous cook experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service