ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the nurse role is to provide a higher and more autonomous level, utilising enhanced skills and competencies, and often dealing with more complex patients or cases. Providing clinical leadership and mentoring/teaching often form a key part of these roles. As well as assist in the nursing care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-day activities of the home.
- Accurately assess the needs of residents and identify priorities of care.
- Administer all medication and treatments within the NMC guidelines and Kingsley Healthcare medication policy.
- Ensure that residents care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with residents, relatives and other health care professionals
- Report any ill-health amongst residents and make request for GP/professional visit where necessary.
Decoy Farm provides support for people with learning disabilities and complex needs who would benefit from living in a more peaceful setting.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Kingsley Specialist Services is part of the Kingsley Healthcare Group and are leading providers of specialist services for adults with learning disabilities, particularly those who may have complex needs or dual diagnoses.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Proven experience of working in a care setting
- RNLD or RMN qualification with an active NMC Pin
- Ability to show empathy, understanding and experience of the needs of the client group
- Well-developed time management and leadership skills
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- £2000 Welcome Bonus (T&C's apply)
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service