All successful candidates will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hours/Shifts: Full time - shift pattern to be discussed at interview
Pay Rate: up to £11.00 per hour (depending on experience)
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Second Chef to work at our Nursing Home in Liverpool
We are looking for an experienced and talented chef with plenty of flair and enthusiasm to take on the new and exciting position of Chef. You must be a team player who will inspire and motivate your team.
- Managing the operation of the kitchen
- Managing presentation and service
- Promote leadership and mentoring to kitchen staff
- Maintain excellent standards of performance
- Record management and compliance with quality and safety standards
- Assist to maintain excellent health and safety standards within the kitchen
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role as a Head Chef/Catering Manager with hands-on experience in a care home or hotel setting
- Possess City & Guilds 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Prepare special meals in accordance with residents dietary needs
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Show drive, ambition and an ability to motivate and nurture talent within the team.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu planning and working with seasonal produce
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service