All successful candidates will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regional Asset Manager to oversee the maintaining of our buildings and gardens. This will be a total of 8 Care Homes 1 in Essex, Earls Colne and the remainder in Suffolk, Hadleigh, Ipswich, Woodbridge, Campsea Ashe, Yaxley. Scole and Hoxne.
The quality and appearance of our care homes and their grounds create the first impression for our visitors and are a source of enjoyment and pleasure for our residents and their families. Our Maintenance Teams take great pride in maintaining our buildings and gardens to the highest possible standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will ensure that buildings, grounds, gardens and all equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair and aesthetic condition Liaise with contractors ensuing their safe conduct on site, high quality workmanship and a value for money service
- Support, train and develop a team of maintenance employees
- Provide cover for the homes maintenance person when they are on leave etc.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory health and safety and fire regulations
- There will be a requirement to carry out hands on tasks.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Previous care home maintenance experience (2 years)
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills are also important as you will need to manage, train and develop maintenance employees in your team.
- Hands-on experience of property maintenance and a sound understanding of building services such as plumbing, ventilation, heating systems, water distribution and electrical distribution
- Practical experience of planned maintenance systems, record keeping, project and budget management
- Experience of gardening and lawn upkeep
- Sound knowledge of statutory requirements and compliance
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to travel so a full driving licence is essential
- You will hold a building/electrical/plumbing qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds, ONC, HNC, etc.) and health and safety qualification (NEBOSH or IOSH) – Desirable but not essential
- The role of Regional Asset Manager affords a great deal of autonomy so self-motivation is essential.
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
At Kingsley Healthcare we provide a variety of competitive benefits, including:
- Salary – up to £29,000 dependant on experience and qualifications
- Holidays – 25 days per annum and bank holidays
- Private medical cover (after 12 months service)