Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and talented Cook with plenty of flair and enthusiasm to take on the new and exciting position of Cook. You must be a team player who will inspire and motivate your team.
You will be flexible to work across homes in the East, covering sick leave and annual leave.
£14.00 per hour (subject to experience) - Full Time or Part Time - Travel time and travel costs will be paid.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Criteria / Person Specification
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role as a Head Cook/Catering Manager with hands-on experience
- Possess City & Guilds 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Prepare special meals in accordance with residents dietary needs
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Show drive, ambition and an ability to motivate and nurture talent within the team.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu planning and working with seasonal produce
- Excellent rates of pay
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Travel time and travel costs will be paid.
- Costs for an enhanced DBS