All successful candidates will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Specialist services for adults with complex needs and learning disabilities
Salary in the region of £30,000 – based on experience and qualifications
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Kingsley Specialist Services is part of the Kingsley Healthcare Group and are leading providers of specialist services for adults with learning disabilities, particularly those who may have complex needs or dual diagnoses.
To ensure that the people who live with us receive the best support and opportunities to progress we are now setting up on our in-house Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
To provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy Service for Adults with Learning disabilities who have a range of needs; assessing, prioritising, treating and supporting people across all of our specialist services, located in the East of England. To work as a member of the Kingsley Specialist Services MDT team, contributing to multi-disciplinary working as necessary, to address the needs of the people we support across all of our specialist services to achieve effective outcomes.
To work collaboratively with both internal and external specialist services within Learning Disabilities to meet the occupational therapy needs of the people we support. To actively participate in a programme of supervision, competency development and CPD activities under the guidance of a supervising clinician.
To contribute to the development and delivery of a range of training packages for support and Nursing staff.
We passionately believe that all of the people we support, no matter how complex their needs, should not miss out on any opportunities in life, and as such your role will be to work, as part of a team to help people to achieve their goals and dreams.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Dip COT or Degree OT or equivalent, minimum 2 years post qualified experience.
- Knowledge of the Care Act (2014) and knowledge of physical, mental health and learning disability issues
- Sound knowledge of major and minor adaptations and equipment services and the role of local authority and other agencies as regards support to vulnerable people.
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly to manage own priorities but still give appropriate professional guidance and support to colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence (Essential)
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical cover
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Industry leading learning disabilities care training
- Cost of DBS covered by Kingsley Specialist Services