ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you passionate about agriculture and animal welfare? Looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience or qualifications in farming or agriculture?
We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Mini-Farm Coordinator at Glebe Farm. The home provides support for people with learning disabilities and complex needs who would benefit from living in a more peaceful setting.
This is a great chance for somebody who is creative, motivated and enthusiastic, to make their mark and turn our mini farm into something special for our residents.
Within this role you will co-ordinate and undertake the running of our small holding at Glebe Farm to ensure animals and arable produce are correctly cared for and maintain the safety of the farm.
- Maintain fencing, animal shelters, workshops/outbuildings and driveway areas.
- Manage daily animal care/husbandry – to include managing and following veterinary input.
- Ensure that the safe involvement of residents from the home is facilitated on the farm at all times, as required, and that residents are supervised as appropriate by staff members from the home.
Criteria / Person Specification
- An understanding of Health & Safety, First Aid, Manual Handling and COSHH
- Experience of animal care, growing crops/plants and general agricultural work within a commercial or institutional setting
- Knowledge of materials, methods and tools used in animal care and arable farming.
- Sufficient knowledge related to the care services and activities in order to train, coach and/or mentor others
- Excellent verbal and a good standard of written communication skills
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Costs for an enhanced DBS