Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hours/Shifts: 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: £12.00 per hour
The safety of our residents and staff is really important. The Maintenance Person will make sure the premises and grounds are maintained to a high standard. Performing regular checks, carrying out repairs and, when needed, contact engineers or service agents. As well as confident in doing fire, basic electrical and appliance checks. As the homes Maintenance Person, you’ll be a valuable member of their friendly, close-knit team, promoting the well-being of the residents and the successful running of the home.
- Undertake the maintenance and/or gardening of the Home to ensure its safety.
- Provide a maintenance service, undertaking a variety of tasks including decorating, carpentry, plumbing, brickwork, legionella, plastering, etc., to ensure safe environments are maintained.
- Liaise with Manager or Regional Asset Manager when preparing to do a job to assess the materials needed and time allocation for the work to ensure work is carried out to meet the Home’s needs.
- Order the necessary materials, equipment for work to be carried out, collecting them or having them delivered to ensure the work can start on time.
- Identify and solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with Home Manager
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Knowledge across a number of jobs and/or processes within a similar setting
- Good written and numeric skills in order to complete more detailed records and reports.
- Ability to follow a maintenance schedule
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Experience of fire alarm testing and drills
- Basic knowledge of plumbing
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Costs for an enhanced DBS