Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Undertake the maintenance and/or gardening of the Home to ensure its safety.
- Provide a maintenance service, undertaking a variety of tasks including decorating, carpentry, plumbing, brickwork, legionella, plastering, etc., to ensure safe environments are maintained.
- Liaise with Manager or Regional Asset Manager when preparing to do a job to assess the materials needed and time allocation for the work to ensure work is carried out to meet the Home’s needs.
- Order the necessary materials, equipment for work to be carried out, collecting them or having them delivered to ensure the work can start on time.
- Identify and solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with Home Manager.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Knowledge across a number of jobs and/or processes within a similar setting
- Good written and numeric skills in order to complete more detailed records and reports.
- Ability to follow a maintenance schedule
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Experience of fire alarm testing and drills
- Basic knowledge of plumbing
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid breaks
- Costs for an enhanced DBS