ABOUT THE ROLE
Within this role you will plan and supervise domestic, laundry and housekeeping duties to all residents on a daily basis. You will ensure the home is cleaned and maintained in the highest standard. You will be responsible for ensuring the home looks, feels and smells nice for our residents as well as visitors to the home. You will ensure that domestic, laundry and housekeeping complies with Health & Safety and COSHH standards.
- Lead and supervise the Housekeeping Team
- Support the Housekeeping team in their role and required duties
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene within the home and adhere to COSSH guidelines.
- Consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met
- Updating the domestic team rota to ensure the home is fully staffed
- Ensure that all cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
- Organise deep cleaning duties when required.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the Home, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Standards
- Work closely with the Home Manager, by maintaining and assisting with the cleaning and laundry budget
- Be able to lead and manage a team
- Have an understanding of and clear commitment to health and safety practices
- Have previous domestic experience within a commercial or business setting
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Excellent rates of pay
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Costs for an enhanced DBS