Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for friendly and caring Head Housekeeper
to join our team at Hadleigh Nursing Home in Hadleigh, Ipswich, Suffolk.
Join us in creating a caring, homely environment for our residents and supervise a team of Housekeeping Staff to ensure the highest standards are met.
Hours: 40 hours per week - 8 hour shifts, to include alternate weekends
Pay: £11.00 per hour
- Lead and supervise the Housekeeping Team
- Support the Housekeeping team in their role and required duties
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene within the home and adhere to COSSH guidelines.
- Consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met
- Updating the domestic team rota to ensure the home is fully staffed
- Ensure that all cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
- Organise deep cleaning duties when required.
Criteria / Person Specification
- You will have experience in a previous housekeeping role
- At least 2 years overseeing a domestic department in a hotel
- You have initiative and are respectful towards residents, staff and visitors to the home.
- Show drive, ambition and an ability to motivate and nurture talent within the team.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have an understanding of and clear commitment to health and safety practices
- Excellent rates of pay
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Costs for an enhanced DBS