ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Chef to work at our Nursing Home in Carbrooke, Watton, Norfolk.
Working as part of the kitchen team and ensuring a pleasurable eating experience for the residents by preparing high quality food. As well as managing all aspects of food preparation and production in an environment that meets sanitation guidelines.
We are looking for an experienced and talented chef with plenty of flair and enthusiasm to take on this new and exciting position. You must be a team player who will inspire and motivate your team.
- Be able to cook and serve nutritious, healthy meals that our residents will love.
- Provide great choice, considering cultural preferences and special dietary requirements. Managing the kitchen supplies,
- Responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
- Help cater for ad hoc special events. These may include 100th birthday celebrations, summer BBQ's and Christmas parties.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Minimum two years’ of chef experience within a hotel setting
- Experience of high standard cooking and working with seasonal produce
- Possess City & Guilds 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Show drive, ambition and an ability to motivate and nurture talent within the team.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service