ABOUT THE ROLE
Working as part of the kitchen team and ensuring a pleasurable eating experience for the residents by preparing high quality food. As well as managing all aspects of food preparation and production in an environment that meets sanitation guidelines.
- Be able to cook and serve nutritious, healthy meals that our residents will love.
- Provide great choice, considering cultural preferences and special dietary requirements. Managing the kitchen supplies,
- Responsible for checking and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Complete all necessary paperwork such as COSHH, HACPP, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures
- Help cater for ad hoc special events. These may include 100th birthday celebrations, summer BBQ's and Christmas parties.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role within a hotel/restaurant setting with hands-on experience
- Possess City & Guilds 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Show drive, ambition and an ability to motivate and nurture talent within the team.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu planning and working with seasonal produce
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Mileage paid (T&C's apply)
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service