ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the laundry assistant role is to provide high standards of cleanliness throughout the home. To ensure the supply of clean laundry throughout the home.
- Assist in providing clean, laundered and ironed clothing for residents that complies with Health & Safety and COSHH standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring the linen looks, feels and smells nice for our residents at the home.
- Develop positive relationships with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team.
- Within this role you may be asked to carry out some light domestic work as per the homes needs.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Understanding of and clear commitment to health and safety practices, including the prevention of the spread of infection.
- Previous laundry experience within a commercial or business setting
- Knowledge of laundry procedures.
- An ability to undertake a full range of laundering duties using electrical equipment
- An understanding of the needs of the resident group
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Commitment to providing a quality service
- Empathy to residents individual needs
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Costs for an enhanced DBS