Activities Coordinator – up to £9.00 per hour
Hours: 30 hours per week available
Shifts: varied - weekdays + weekends
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
This is a special role that emphasises on ensuring our
residents and their families are supported and engaged in life within Queen Charlotte Nursing Home in Weymouth, Dorset. Through spending quality time with the
residents and their families, you will create a rich and varied activities
programme for all to enjoy. The emphasis is on empowering each resident
individually, assisting them with their ability to participate and enabling
them to achieve their goals.
- Ensure residents have the opportunity to participate in activities within the home as well as assist in the care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the care home.
- Compile social care plans for residents (understanding of their interests and aspirations).
- Improve the wellbeing and overall health of the people living in the home and ensure that services are consistently provided to a high-quality standard.
- Build up and maintain links and relationships with the local community including local schools, charities and organisations.
- Liaise with the marketing team to organise and promote events relevant to the residents, the home and the company.
- Build relationships with residents, their friends and family members tailoring individual lifestyles.
- Be responsible for organising a meaningful activity programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
What we offer:
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
Share this on