Covid-19 Vaccine (Optional)
From 15th March 2022 all successful candidates will no longer be required by law to have the COVID19 vaccination
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hours/Shifts: Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Pay Rate: £10.00 per hour
The role of Activities Coordinator is to support and facilitate resident’s social, intellectual and spiritual well-being, through activity, by supporting interests and enabling participation. As well as assist in the organisation and implementation of individual, group and fundraising activities to promote and support each resident’s aspirations.
Ensure residents have the opportunity to participate in activities within the home as well as assist in the care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the care home.
Compile social care plans for residents (understanding of their interests and aspirations)
Improve the wellbeing and overall health of the people living in the home and ensure that services are consistently provided to a high-quality standard.
Be responsible for organising a meaningful activities programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
Be responsible for purchasing any items required for the activities programme and will document all activities which take place in the resident’s personal files.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Experience within a similar role,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Flair for prioritising a busy workload
- Natural ability to help make the lives of others more enjoyable
- An NVQ level 1 or 2 in Health & Social Care would be advantageous
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service