ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Activities Coordinator is to support and facilitate resident’s social, intellectual and spiritual well-being, through activity, by supporting interests and enabling participation. As well as assist in the organisation and implementation of individual, group and fundraising activities to promote and support each resident’s aspirations.
- Ensure residents have the opportunity to participate in activities within the home as well as assist in the care of the resident’s physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the care home.
- Compile social care plans for residents (understanding of their interests and aspirations)
- Improve the wellbeing and overall health of the people living in the home and ensure that services are consistently provided to a high-quality standard.
- Be responsible for organising a meaningful activities programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Be responsible for purchasing any items required for the activities programme and will document all activities which take place in the resident’s personal files.
Kingsley Healthcare is a family owned national care home operator rated as one of the top 20 large groups by carehome.co.uk. We are one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the sector.
Criteria / Person Specification
- Experience within a similar role,
- An ability to show empathy, understanding and experience of the needs of the residents
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- An ability to make balanced, clear and timely decisions
- An NVQ level 1 or 2 in Health & Social Care would be advantageous
- Knowledge of food hygiene preparation or a willingness to learn.
- You will be required to have had or be willing to have the COVID19 vaccination for this position.
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction and paid training programme with career prospects
- Enhanced rates for bank holidays
- Recognition schemes (Employee of the Month and Kingsley Care Awards)
- Paid breaks
- Uniform provided
- Refer a friend scheme
- Costs for an enhanced DBS
- Rewards for years of service